Finding Men is Harder than Alegbra!

Forget finding X, let's find XY!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Your Brother is Cuter

So my first man story.....

I left my ex in Feb/March of 2009. By the beginning of April I was over being alone (oh I know...trust me I know how dumb this was) and began trying to figure out where to meet guys. Helloooo I'd been out of the dating scene for 11 years. I had no idea where to start.
Granted I met my ex husband online but that was a whole different scenario back in 1998. People thought you only met psychos in chat rooms (apparently they must have been right....maybe they still are!) So I stumbled across the world of online dating in the 21st century. There are tons and tons of sites out there and a lot of them require you to pay. Well hello, I was a newly single parent, I didn't have money to spend on that kind of stuff.
I came across the various free dating sites and decided to start out with Plentyoffish. It was from this site that I met the first guy I would have feelings for since my husband. We will call him Crush.
Crush and I hit it off right away. We'd spend a long time chatting with each other and that led us into texting.
I should probably point out that I hadn't really texted much up until this point and I most certainly hadn't sent dirty text messages or pictures! But Crush was very much into this. He convinced me to send my first ever naked picture. The thing is he had a way with words! He would tell me how beautiful he thought I was, how my body was sexy and the dirty things he wanted to do to it. Hmmm I still kinda get chills thinkin about it....
We arranged to have a date. Approximately two days before the date he starts saying his car was acting up and he may not be able to make it to our date. For reals? Two days before you can predict your car won't make it to a date? Naive me, I hoped and prayed his car would be okay. Lo and behold, Friday comes and his car was "making a funny noise" so he was gonna have to go get it checked out.
This cancellation was the start of many to come in my future. The best one came when I tried to reschedule with him.
The following Friday I tried to set up another date. He didn't agree to it but he didn't disagree. Finally on Wednesday he said "I just remembered that I promised my brother I would help him with something." I was thinking to myself "So you'd rather spend Friday night with your brother, who you live with, than come out on a date with me and probably get lucky?" Let's face it girls....at that point I was gonna put everything out there right away. Divorced chicks go crazy! So I said to him "Gee your brother must be cuter than me!" He, of course, disagreed (thank goodness--don't even want to think about how THAT conversation could have gone!)
I found out a couple days later that there wasn't anything wrong with his car--he had it checked out and it was nothing.
Gee--are you surprised?
~Aurora

1 comment: